Starring Tracy Beaker is a 2006 British children's book, written by Jacqueline Wilson, and illustrated by Nick Sharratt. The book was first released on 5 October 2006, and was published by Doubleday. This is the third book of the daring Tracy, and this time she's up to more fun and games. Tracy's school/class are doing a play, "A Christmas Carol" and Tracy would dearly love a role. She gets the leading role in the school play (Ebenezer Scrooge) but messes it up by punching her enemy, Justine Littlewood in the nose. Tracy gets back the role near the end of the book because the other kids who are auditioning for Scrooge are hopeless.
Tracy is an orphan who lives in a Children's Home which she calls in her point of view "The Dumping Ground". She plans on becoming an actress just like her Hollywood mum, and she plans to make a start with this great opportunity. She desperately wants her mum to come and watch her acting Scrooge. Tracy does her very best. And spends her Christmas with Cam.
- Tracy - The main character. Has strong ideas but tells lies. She lives in the Dumping Ground. She plays the main role at as Scrooge. She wants to be fostered by Cam
- Cam - Tracy's foster mother. She really cares for Tracy and bothers to come down every Saturday to see her, and Tracy very much enjoys these visits.
- Jenny - A head care worker.
- Mike - Tracy's dad.
- Elaine the Pain - Tracy's social worker. Not a help at anything in 'Christmas mode' and always blubs on about Cheek and Attitude and Silly Offensive Personal Remarks that could be really hurtful.
- Peter - An orphan who lost his parents when he was younger and then went to live with his Nan. Unfortunately, she died shortly afterwards leaving Peter at the dumping ground. He is also friends with Tracy.
- Justine - Tracy's arch-enemy.
- Louise - Both Tracy and Justine's friend. Unfortunately, Tracy no longer trusts her.
- Mrs Darlow - Tracy's school head teacher.
- Miss Simpkins - Tracy's art and drama teacher.